Tuesday, April 8, 2008

RSS feeds and newsreaders are great in the sense that it provides me with information which I am interested in. I don't have to search for information instead useful information is sent to me.

This could be a very useful marketing tool for libraries, as we would be able to update our customers with information that interests them; such as new resources in the library, author talks and seminars.

Some of the sites that I have selected for my RSS feeds are ABC news, Power House museum, NYT book reviews.

I don't know if I would have time to read all the news feeds but I certainly would want to be aware of what is happening around the globe.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I am a bit of an RSS feed addict.In the end i think you self select and start to ignore the feeds from those sites you are not that interested in. I do feel like I know a little bit more about what's happening out there.

Leanne